Saturday, May 28, 2005

The First Appearance of Lostzilla

Today during lunch, Flip mentioned something about the lost monster appearing in the first episode. Via this link (http://img71.exs.cx/img71/827/turbineman-omgwtfisthat.gif ) you can see that clip played on a repeated loop. In it, you see the shadow-like figure of the monster (that appeared in the finale) swooping down and hitting the jet engine just before it explodes.

Flip also mentioned that there was some speculation that the footage was doctored. Well, due to the magic of DVR, I can tell you that it has not been doctored. I recorded "The Journey" episode, which shows this scene. I did not see the shadow in real time, but when I slowed my TV down to frame-by-frame, you can see the shadow/monster/security system diving into the engine.

So, what does this mean?

Well, probably not much, but it is just an example of the neat Easter Eggs that the show's producers have admitted to sprinkling into the show. It makes me wonder what I might find if I watched every show frame-by-frame, but who has that kind of time?

C'mon, I have some semblance of a life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home