Wednesday, June 01, 2005

4 8 15 16 23 42

So last night I am reading the TWOP recap on the season finale of Lost when I run across this paragraph which describes his rush to catch the Doomed Flight 815 of Death:

"Let me pause just a moment and express my surprise [when the writers made him buy the scooter from the old guy]. For it turns out that, contrary to what has seemed the case up until now, the writers haven't forgotten that Hurley is f---ing loaded. I can guarantee you that no one in this world worth $160 million or more has ever run to catch a plane. Money may not buy happiness (although I submit it's got more purchasing power on that score than poverty does), but one of the things I'm sure it does buy is never having to get all sweaty running through an airport and waiting in line at security.
So anyway, now Hurley's on the scooter. And in a touch I quite liked, Hurley goes passing by what looks like a women's rugby team, who are wearing their team shirts, and whose uniform numbers are, in order, 4, 8, 15, 16, 23 and 42."


Naturally I wanted to see this for myself, so I Googled "Lost screenshots Hurley numbers" just to see what was out there. I didn't find the screen shot I wanted--if you do, let me know--but I did see some interesting websites, which I will now provide to you.

I will say that I don't fully buy the speculations given here or elsewhere. I just don't think the ABC people are likely to be placing this kind of information on season two out there for people to access, no matter how hidden it might be. But, it is a fun way to spend a summer without new shows.

So, the first site I found was www.seethedonkey.com. His post on Lost is long and full of ideas. But what is really interesting is his link to this site. If you go to the site he mentions and follow the instructions on clicking the seating chart numbers in the correct order you get a "2nd season promo." Can you believe what it tells you? I doubt it, but like I said . . . a fun diversion. (Use headphones for this stuff if you are at work.)

When you get watching the promo you might get automatically linked to www.oceanicflight815.com. If you don't you can get there from my link. I haven't searched that sight at all yet, so I don't know what's on it. But if you go back to the seating chart and read the post from See The Donkey you can find all sorts of oddities by clicking on stuff as he suggests.

So, go nuts. See what you can find and lets all cooperate to find other interesting Lost websites as we await next September.

Happy Hunting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home