Wednesday, December 08, 2004

"All the Best Cowboys Have Daddy Issues"

My brief impressions on tonight's episode of Lost.
SPOILERS WITHIN!
If you haven't seen last night's episode . . . what are you waiting for??!!!

Act 1:
Jack's alpha-male pissing contest with Locke is really pissing me off. Hey Jack . . . why can't you let anyone else be good at anything without you getting your hands all up in it? As my man Hurley would say "Dude . . . chill."
I am disappointed that Michael chose to "play the race card" on Locke. (Sure, Locke did make the African American head south, but still.) Why won't people leave Locke alone?
Charlie's efforts to leave behind tokens and markers is a direct ripoff of Dominic Monaghan's experience in Lord of the Rings. Merry and Pippin were captured and carried away by Orcs. While being tracked by Aragorn (in the case of this show . . . Locke) Merry (I think?) drops a brooch on the ground, knowing that Aragorn will find it and pick up the trail. Intentional Tolkien shout-out? How could it not be?

Act 2:
Jack continues to be a jackass, but now we see that his dad is an every bigger jackass as well as being a crazy, manipulative bullshitter. Hey Dr. Dad . . . did you study for Jack's exams? Did you take all of his test and walk his rounds for him? Think about that when you start whining about "all that [you've] done, you drunken wanker!

Act 3:
Ethan sure is crazy and kicks real mean too. (It makes cousin Tom proud.)
Charlie's DEAD!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOO! (And, as it turns out . . . no, he ain't.) Cheap, manipulative, but effective. So were all those press reports about how "we are going to be killing off more people on this show than is normal for TV." Was that all planted to make this scene believable? Hmmmmm.

Act 4:
Suddenly Jack's bedside manner is improving, but only when he wants to pump information out of poor, post-traumatic Charlie.
PLEASE don't make up wait until Christmas is over to have a new episode!!

1 Comments:

Blogger flipper said...

I agree with you (I think?) about one thing--this episode made me dislike Jack EVEN MORE! He's such a whiny, "oh, look at me, I've got something to prove" wanker! And while I was a BIT curious about what he had done to drive his dad to drink himself to death, I didn't think we really needed, like, 18 flashbacks to explain the whole thing! Other than that, the episode was awesome! Did anyone else notice Locke getting all tired out and apparently having heart palpitations or something? (I would now like to officially rescind my earlier conclusion that it was Locke who whomped Sayid, by the way. Locke is obviously emerging as among "the good.")

Speaking of Sayid, I loved the scene with him and Sawyer, as cheesy as it was. Can anyone guess why? You got it--YUM!!!!!!! They are both mondo delish. I simply can't decide. I guess it will have to be a three-way! (I'm JUST KIDDING, Jackspatula and Mom. Calm down. Sheesh.)

I am absolutely dying to know what Ethan's secret power is and what's happened to Claire. I refuse to believe they're going to make us wait a month. Let's all concentrate really hard, and perhaps we can WILL a new episode into existence!

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home