Tuesday, November 09, 2004

The Incredibly Edible Incredibles

Yes, I actually managed to convince my husband that he, Stevie, and I should go see The Incredibles last night. Before I get to the movie, you should know that getting Kev to go out and do anything, let alone do something after work is a major coup. That may qualify for some shoe-tyin' even! (Sorry--couldn't resist.)

Anyway, the movie was really, really fun. The visuals were so cool that I want to see it again--at the theatre. The DVD won't do it justice. It was a mixture of a good Bond movie, Spy Kids, and the other great Pixar animated movies. Yes, this review is retarded, but I'm in a hurry and I didn't take notes.

There were some pretty intense moments for the wee ones--I wouldn't take Stevie back to see it, but I would let him watch it on DVD. It was pretty loud and overwhelming in the theatre--I don't think he would be as on-edge at home. As the fighting towards the end got more intense, Stevie shouted out, "The Power Rangers would be able to get that robot!!" Luckily, it was a Monday night and there weren't too many people in the theatre. Despite the tense moments, Stevie liked the movie and was glad we went. He really liked Frozone.

Anyway, go see it, with or without the kids. It's quality entertainment. Also, here's my Savin' Money tip-o-the-day: The biggest rip-off at the movies is the food. Go ahead and get the popcorn. It's difficult to replicate moviehouse popcorn and, when you go to the movies as infrequently as we do, it's still a "special" treat. But to avoid dropping $20 on soda, fill up three large styrofoam cups (from work) with ice (from work) immediately before leaving work for the movie. Stash them and three pops from home in your oversize bag. Grab some $1 double cheeseburgers from the McDonald's across the street from the theatre/er. Buy the popcorn--consider it a "fry" replacement. Crack open the sodas during the loud parts and wah la! A full meal for a family of three for about 8 dollars. Pretty...Incredible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home