Monday, June 27, 2005

A cornucopia of items

Tonight I have several interesting articles to throw your way, most of them via Slate.

Have you ever read web comics? One of my favorites is Sluggy Freelance.
I stumbled across it a few years ago and had to do a bit of back reading to catch up, but it was worth it. I personally feel that the most recent storylines are not as good as they were a few years ago, but that's just me. I still read it every day.

Now Slate is telling me that this comic is the most addictive one on the web. I'll let you judge that for yourself.


If web comics aren't your bag, baby, then what about comedy? Everyone likes comedy, right? Well, are you still reeling from the disappearance of The Chappelle Show? If you are, do you think Stella is gonna do it for you? Some say no.

And then there is Dora the Explorer. What? You don't know who that is? Well, Slate will fill you in. Personally I enjoy Dora and you could have counted me among those co-viewers. Ariel was a strong Dora devotee a few years ago, but she has aged. Ruth hasn't shown an obsession with Dora but she enjoys the hand-me-down books from her big sister.

Personally, I don't get the strong computer vibe that the article implies. While it is true that Dora is using a computer "pointer" to show her stuff on screen, it isn't like she is dodging transistors or anything.

What really killed Dora's popularity in our household is our jobs. Due to our success, we upgraded our cable and were able to get other children's programming on other networks. So, Ruth has more choice than Ariel did.

1 Comments:

Blogger A P said...

Speaking of web comics, my personal fav has to be Strip Tease (www.stripteasecomic.com). No, it is not a perverse site (as the name and the fact that I brought it up no doubt made you wonder).

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home