Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Daily Show Feng Shui

State's Surfer Girl, Dana Stevens, doesn't like the new Daily Show set.

Do you have a problem with it?

Have you seen the show since they moved into the new set a few days ago? Is this article going to color your opinions of the set if you HAVEN'T seen it?

In an somewhat related note, has anyone else seen the web ad for Tucker Carlson's new MSNBC show "The Situation." While it doesn't use the correct music, it is clearly lifting ideas from The Beastie Boys video "Sabotage." It must be the coolest ad for the lamest show I know I'll never watch. (I couldn't find a separate link to the advertisement, but if you load Slate enough times, it'll show up in the top right corner of the white section.)

And, to extend this post a bit further, did anyone else know what I was talking about when I suggested that Lulu's new boy Mark have the middle name Tanqueray. If not, check out this.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sven Golly said...

This old white dude prefers Gordon's with his tonic between Memorial Day and Labor Day - Beefeater if I'm feeling flush. Not sure I would be influenced by Tanqueray's desperate bid for urban popularity, even if I watched the channels they sponsor. And don't forget the lime.

Maybe if they promised longevity, I'd buy their brand.

3:15 PM  
Blogger David said...

Hey Jack, I can tape for you and bring tapes in each week. Cordelia will have to be the "Daily Show tape mule," but I hope she won't mind so much. We can make a short story about her experiences.

I don't have a convincing reason about why I stopped distributing it a while back, but I'll try to get back in the swing.

Oh, and I'll take um . . . The New Yorker? Is that me? (Probably Rolling Stone is more me, but it's just too BIG. Maybe Film Comment? Oh, heck, I'll let you define me. Speaking of second hand magazines, are you still subscribing to Entertainment Weekly? Cause with Spec heading to the Media Capital, he won't need mine any more. They are up for grabs.

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home