Sunday, July 10, 2005

I, Sideways

Well, I finally did it.

I watched Sideways. And not only that, I watched I, Robot as well.

So, what did I glean from these movies? I think the descriptions on the back of the packaging handles it best.

"One the eve of the largest robot rollout in history, two men who are struggling with a mid-life crisis decide to take a once-in-a-lifetime road trip through California's wine country to determine if the machines are a threat to humanity!"

Exactly.

But really . . . I, Robot was better than I was prepared for. It looked very satisfying and while I know it had very little to do with Asimov's actual books, it still told an engaging story in an way that kept you interested. While that is pretty much the minimum for movies you hand over money for, at least I ended my viewing experience happily.

Sideways was also very good. I liked the way it ended without telling you if Miles would find Mia at the apartment or whether she had already left that place and moved somewhere else that he could not find. Either scenario would be equally plausible. It was good to see that before we made our own trip to wine country. Not that we'll be tooling into any old winery we see. It made me realize that we should investigate the logistics of those days a bit more carefully, to see if we need to make reservations or anything before we arrive. And, I promise not to drink any %^$##*ing merlot while we are there.

I liked both movies. It makes me consider renting movies again sometime.

1 Comments:

Blogger lulu said...

I'm sure you know this, but there are Sideways tours of wine country, and the spots featured in the movie are wildly popular now. Beware, traveler.

Also, don't even TRY to buy a Raven map now! They can't keep them in stock!

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home