Friday, September 09, 2005

50 Greatest Independent Films

This website will surely generate some debate, don't you think?

Outside of politics, interpretation of said politics, and some kinds of music, nothing stirs up you guys more than cinema.

So, check out this site and then report back.

What's my opinion? Well . . .
I've always wanted to see Run Lola Run. I am surprised to see The Passion of the Christ listed. I've never thought of Grosse Pointe Blank as an independent film. I ABSOLUTELY disagree with the inclusion of THX-1138 (I bet I'm the only one of us that has seen it, and it's not good). Blair Witch makes it because it helped usher in Internet/cinema marketing in more sophisticated/clever ways; nothing good can be said about the movie itself. I really should watch The Evil Dead . . . and watch Slackers again. While Jack will surely agree with the description of City of God, he might disagree with its ranking. I've always wanted to see Eraserhead, but just haven't gotten around to it. I have never liked Life of Brian quite as much as I seemingly should have--and don't get me wrong, I do like it.

Most stunning of all? I have seen 8 of the top 10 films. That fact alone should make you question the authenticity of the films selected.

So, now . . . your turn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home