Sunday, September 25, 2005

Multi-media

I finished reading "Saturday" on Friday. It was a good book, easily read and offered an interesting storyline.

The title says it all, following a British neurosurgeon throughout the events--both mundane and decidedly not mundane--of his Saturday. The overall lack of total complexity would make this a perfect script for a movie, starring . . . oh, maybe, Rupert Everett (ok, not really) as the doctor.

But to say that the story is simple is wrong (did I just admit that my previous paragraph was a lie?). While the span of time is simple, the complexity of the story is very evident. Ian McEwan's prose is very detailed and you can take a few pages to go through a minute or two of the story.

It's a good book that I recommend.

I won't go into more details because I've got other things to get into here, such as last week's season premiere of LOST. I was not disappointed by it, as some at flipper's premiere party seemed to be. In fact, I found it to be exactly as expected. While the contents of the hatch were a bit of a surprise, as was how that connected to Jack . . . I didn't expect to find out a great deal about very much. So, in that sense, everything was as I thought. If you want to find out what others thought about the season premiere, you can read this. There are some interesting observations there from people who were recording the show.

The other important bit of news coming up this week is the premiere of Alias. The hot rumor about the show this year is how long Michael Vartan's "Vaughn" will be on the show this year. Many reports are that Mrs. Gafleck feels "icky" working with Vartan because of her brainwashed allegiance to The Affleck. Maybe she just feels icky because of the pregnancy? I hope so, and I hope the rumors are false. Because, even if I thought Vaughn's chemistry with Sydney was lessened less year, having him completely off the show would be a bad thing. Not that I'm not used to complete plot rewrites every six months. . .

Of course, the other thing coming up this year on Alias is . . . this.

Sydney . . . pregnant?!

Yep. If that is true, then the likelihood of spandex this season is almost nil. (sigh)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home