Tuesday, September 27, 2005

People, we need some action!

A spark--yes, that's what we need. Something fun! Something non-TV related! I'm so frickin' sick of TV already, and the fall TV monodrones have just started, I know it!

So I propose some Top Ten lists. Only I don't know what to propose.

The precious Spark! Soggy now.

Top Ten . . . hilarious movie moments

Top Ten . . . songs to listen to on an upbeat road trip (no shoe-gazing trips to see shoe-gazing bands!)

Top Ten . . . scary movie moments

Top Ten . . . best song lines

Top Ten . . . best movie lines ever uttered

You get the gist. Takers? Or am I just a fool? How 'bout I start with one from each category:

One hilarious movie moment: Catherine O'Hara as Cookie Fleckman walking toward her husband and Best of Show dog with a gimpy knee, filmed from above in an "epic" shot.

One great upbeat road trip song: Country Boy by Johnny Cash. It has the road rhythm and great guitars and, yet, is not a cliche (not that cliches are bad!)

One really scary movie moment: When the little kid in The Shining is riding his big wheel through the hallway of the haunted hotel. The sound of him alternating between the carpet and the bare floor is totally creepy, and when he stops in front of the one evil room, well, I might pee my pants just thinking about it.

One great song line: So many! I have three.
1. "You're my blue sky, you're my sunny day, lord you know it makes me high when you turn your love my way." Allman Brothers How sweet is that? Especially from a bunch of scruffy, long-haired country boys.
2. "I'll be rollin' down a straight, smokin' endo, sippin' on gin and juice, laid back, withmymindonmymoneyandmymoneyonmymind." Snoop Dogg, describing a perfect way to spend a lazy summer afternoon
3. "Suddenly I turned around and she was standin’ there, With silver bracelets on her wrists and flowers in her hair. She walked up to me so gracefully and took my crown of thorns. Come in, she said,I’ll give you shelter from the storm" Bob Dylan. Why not?

One great movie line: "You had me at hello."*
*Just kidding!
How 'bout . . . this one is hard! How about this exchange from Dr. Strangelove:
Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Colonel... that Coca-Cola machine. I want you to shoot the lock off it. There may be some change in there.
Colonel "Bat" Guano: That's private property.
Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Colonel! Can you possibly imagine what is going to happen to you, your frame, outlook, way of life, and everything, when they learn that you have obstructed a telephone call to the President of the United States? Can you imagine? Shoot it off! Shoot! With a gun! That's what the bullets are for, you twit!
Colonel "Bat" Guano: Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?
Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: What?
Colonel "Bat" Guano: You're gonna have to answer to the Coca-Cola company

1 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Maybe it's the 2 am talking, but what about top ten celebrities/well-known people that you would NEVER sleep with . . . assuming they were willing.

I'll go with:

1. Laura Bush
2. Heck, Barbara Bush
3. Barbra Streisand
4. Barbara Mandrell
5. Howie Mandell
6. Emanuell Lewis
7. Lewis Gossettt, Jr.
8. Juwan Howard
9. Olivia de Haviland
10. Jack Hanna

1:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home